We hope this page contains all the information you’ll need to have a successful and enjoyable time with us, but if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you haven’t already, please join this event on Facebook as it’s the best way to stay up to date with all the latest news. You can access the page by clicking here.
Thank you once again for your purchase and for supporting Bravo Working Dog Rescue.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Farncombe!
Claire Goyer BA (Hons.), HND, APDT International No. 82998, CBATI|
Head Trainer and Event Coordinator
Capable Canines Ltd.
The Event is being hosted by Capable Canines Ltd, and your main point of contact in the lead up and during the event will be Head Trainer and Event Coordinator Claire Goyer. Claire can be reached on 07557 529787.
Saturday, the 10th of January, and Sunday the 11th of January 2015.
- Registration: From 9am on Saturday, and 12:30pm on Sunday in the Main Hall.
- Working Times: Saturday 10am-5pm with refreshment breaks, and lunch. Sunday 1pm-5pm with refreshment breaks.
- Day One: TTouch for the Adult Dog
- Day Two: TTouch for the Senior Dog
- Location: St. John’s Church Parish Hall. St John’s Street Farncombe Godalming, Surrey. GU7 3EH.
Detailed maps and directions can be found by visiting the Parish Hall’s ‘Contact Us’ page.
There are two pay and display car parks next to Farncombe Station which have reduced rates on Saturday and are free on Sunday. There is also plenty of free off street parking in the residential streets around the Church. Please allow plenty of time to find a space.
Please note that there is no parking in the spaces next to the church as these are now private and are reserved for the sole use of the Farncombe Day Centre.
If you are bringing a crate or other bulky items, you may unload in front of the hall.
We encourage people to car pool whenever possible, and you can co-ordinate this with other attendees on the Facebook Event Page.
Farncombe is located on the main Portsmouth to London Waterloo train line which has excellent rail links via Guildford to most parts of the country. The station is an easy 5 min walk from the Parish Hall. More details are available by visiting the National Rail’s Farncombe website.
What to Bring
- Copy of your Confirmation Email.
- Spare pens, pencils and paper will be available at the registration desk, but please make sure that you bring whatever learning materials you feel that you will require.
- Tablets, and smart phones are allowed to be used during the Seminar, but please ensure that all volume is set to MUTE. WiFi will not be available but (depending on your provider) Farncombe has excellent 3G coverage. We kindly ask that you do not film and/or record the lecture or demos without Kelly’s consent.
- Crate (if you feel your dog may need some down time outside of the main hall), treats, blanket or Vetbed (non slip if possible), water bowl and food if required.
- Anything else you feel your dog may need to keep him or her happy!
A PDF copy of the presentation is now available to download from dropbox. You can keep it on your electronic device or print a copy for use at the workshop. If you have any difficulty accessing and/or printing the materials, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may print them for you in time for the event.
- Only Full participants may bring a dog to the event.
- We have asked that only well-behaved dogs that are able to chill out around people, food, and other dogs attend this seminar.
- Dogs can react differently in different situations, so if you are unsure how yours will react in the hall environment, please tie a YELLOW ribbon onto your dog’s lead/collar so that other participants will know that your dog needs space.
- All participates must honour all dogs’ need for space. Please ask permission before touching any dog.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times while on the Hall premises unless instructed by Kelly during the TTouch seminar.
- This is the first time that dogs have been allowed in St. John’s Hall, so please read the section on Dogs Attending Seminars in our Terms and Conditions and help us be excellent doggie ambassadors 🙂
- Full participants: If after reading you feel that your dog may not be a good fit for this event after all, then please contact us as soon as possible so that we can pair you with at Helper Dog. 🙂
A wide range of nibbles and refreshments including Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks, Fruit and other snacks will be available at registration, and during the breaks on both days.
Lunch on Day One will consist of a range of Vegetarian Sandwiches, Fruit, Snacks and drinks as above.
With advanced notice, we are more than happy to cater for special diets. Please contact us at your earliest convenience in order for us to prepare.
Certificates of Attendance
Certificates of Attendance will be available. Please make sure that the name used on your method of payment (for example your paypal account) is the name that you wish to have on the certificate. If you are unsure, please contact us as soon as possible so that we have plenty of time to print the correct version.
We regret that we will be unable to provide a refund unless your ticket can be re sold. If the event is cancelled by Capable Canines Ltd then a full refund will be provided.
A portion of the profits will go direct to Bravo Working Dog Rescue’s Urgent Kennel Building Fund.
Capable Canines Ltd reserves the right to modify or change the information contained in this page without prior warning.